Double Chocolate Granola
I’ve got your sweet fix, or breakfast or suhoor sorted!
Easy & delicious recipe for homemade granola that is gluten-free, packed with protein & healthy fats but feels super indulgent!😋
- 2 cups pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup almonds (or cashew), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, add together the nuts, seeds, coconut shreds, coconut sugar, cocoa powder & salt
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the coconut oil or butter, peanut butter & honey. Whisk to combine & heat for 2 mins till it gets thick
- Fold the peanut butter sauce into the nut & seed mix till everything is coated
- Spread the granola on a lined baking sheet in an even thin layer
- Bake for 10-11 mins at 180 degrees celsius. Halfway through, toss the granola.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before sprinkling with some salt & the chocolate chips.