Vegan Sushi Bowl
This is everything you want in a sushi bowl; umami, spicy, delicious & totally NUTRITIOUS! One of my favorite bowls to make and the magic is all in the dressing!
I built my bowl with quinoa as a base, carrots, sweet potato cubes & edamame. You can also add cucumber & avocado and replace quinoa with some brown rice. Top it with seaweed like crumbled nori sheets or kelp flakes (a great way to add iodine into your meals for thyroid support!)
For the SPICY CASHEW DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup raw cashew (soaked overnight or for 1 hour if using a high-speed blender)
- 5 tbsp water (more if you want a thinner consistency)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp & 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender to combine.
- Drizzle over your sushi bowl. Sprinkle spring onion & sesame seeds to finish! Enjoy!!
You can save any extra dressing in the fridge for a week.👍🏼