Upclose and Healthy Coffee Mix!
Coffee has a role to play in a healthy balanced diet. We know from research that it’s rich in polyphenols, helps stimulate bile secretion & gut motility and even plays a role in sports performance and fat burn 🔥
However, HOW & WHEN you have your coffee is super important! Having coffee on an empty stomach can spike your stress hormones sending you on a blood sugar & rollercoaster which can lead to metabolic damage & gut issues! It can also lead to energy crashes in the afternoon!
Adding collagen & fiber to my coffee helps balance things out and supports metabolism & the gut. Having coffee after breakfast also works but sometimes you want it earlier! So this coffee recipe works wonders!
- Freshly ground coffee – I select long coffee from machine but you can also do a shot of espresso & add some boiling water
1-2 scoops of collagen.
- 1 heaped tsp Acacia fiber –
With fiber you need to start slow & low the gradually work your way up to a tsp or more
- 1/2 cup nut milk of choice. Love this almond milk from @innocent
- Sweetener of choice 1-2 tsp maple syrup or stevia (optional)
- CinnamonIt’s my favorite way to enjoy my coffee while not harming my hormones & metabolism! It gives me some protein (collagen) & fiber and I love having it with 1/2 cup of berries pre-workout!
You need to make it work for ! 😉