An easy nutritious breakfast that will surely be a favorite!
Let me start by saying why I love Chia seed pudding. Easy to prepare, packed with nutritious benefits (you can read all about my love for Chia seeds here) and can be made with so many different flavors & toppings.
So straight to it; the basic ratio for that perfect Chia Seeds Pudding recipe with the right consistency is as follows:
2 cups of nut milk (I usually use coconut , oat or almond milk)
1/2 cup Chia seeds
To this you can go wild with all sorts of additions; some ideas:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp Carob powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree or apple puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt ( it always helps to enhance the flavor)
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (for sweetness)
- 2 chopped dates
- 2-3 chopped nuts (Almonds, cashew or pecan)
- handful of berries
- 1/2 chopped apple or 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
Don’t be afraid to mix and match different flavors & textures into your basic chia pudding recipe… the world is your oyster!
Add 2 heaped tbsp of the chia pudding in your bowl & top up with berries or nuts for a delicious brekkie or afternoon snack.